Application deadline: November 18, 2022
Culture Current, an arts and education non-profit organization based in Helsinki, is seeking a project coordinator for an international grant-funded project in Finland. The project, Artists Talking, is a series of thoughtful conversations in English with contemporary artists working in Finland. The language of the program is English. It will begin in the spring of 2023.
The Project Coordinator will:
- engage with organizational partners, artists and technicians participating in the project, Culture Current’s board, members, staff and interns to organize and execute the project.
- craft and distribute publicity and marketing plans for the project.
- build and maintaining relationships with various media, design visual images for the project, and develop social media campaigns.
- attend meetings and manage in-person live events in Helsinki.
- co-manage project finances.
- other duties necessary to the project.
Minimum requirements for the position:
- experience in organizing and producing cultural/artistic events in Finland.
- strong links to the cultural communities in Finland.
- experience with intercultural and multilingual environments.
- connections to Finnish media and a presence on social media.
- professional level language skills (written and spoken) in Finnish and strong English language skills.
Welcome, but not required:
- professional level Swedish language skills, and other language skills.
- an educational background in cultural management/production.
Culture Current offers:
- a collegial work community of international, multilingual artists and cultural workers.
- the opportunity to work with leading and “under the radar” artists actively working in Finland.
- financial compensation in-line with the Finnish non-for-profit cultural sector.
- the possibility to work remotely and on-site, a flexible schedule, a possible extension, and other work opportunities at Culture Current.
- a combination of independent and team work with a dynamic non-for-profit with a decade of experience on the Finnish cultural scene.
Schedule and time-commitment
Start date (flexible): November 28th, 2022. End date: June, 2023. Extension possible.
Part-time, flexible, approximately 30 hours a month.
Application deadline: November 18th, midnight, 2022. Interviews: November 23-25, 2022.
Between 20-28 euros per hour based on educational background, relevant work experience, and whether or not the project coordinator would bill for services or prefer a salaried position. Culture Current prefers the project coordinator bill for their services.
For more information about Artists Talking click here.
For more information about Culture Current click here.
If you have any questions, or need more information, please send an email to: info[at]culturecurrent.org.
To apply: Please read the detailed application instructions below.
Detailed Application Instructions
Complete the application form and upload the following attachments at this link:
- Cover letter in English with answers to the questions below (1 page).
- CV in English
- Project plan, according to the guidelines below (max 2 pages).
Please read the description of the project, Artists Talking here.
In addition to the Artists Talking project description, you can assume that:
- The talks would take place once a month from February-June and September-December, 2023.
- You have max 35 hours a month to complete the tasks above.
- There is reasonable budget for publicity (please decide what “reasonable” means for this project).
- Key participants in the project include: Culture Current’s Board, Artistic Director and members. Artists, some of whom have already been invited to participate, some who still need to be invited based on curatorial recommendations. Technicians (e.g., sound). Venue (Yö ry). Press. General Public (you can suggest specific target groups). Professional artistic communities.
Cover Letter Guidelines
In your cover letter, please include replies to the following questions. One or two sentences is enough for each reply.
Relevant work experience and education
- How did you hear about this position (social media, colleague)?
- What relevant educational qualifications do you have?
- What relevant experience do you have in project coordination, management, and organization in the cultural field in Finland? Please include any links to previous projects.
- What experience do you have in publicity/public relations in the cultural field in Finland?
- What experience do you have working with diverse groups and artists?
- What interests you about this position and project?
- What do you think you could contribute to this project?
- Would you have any other work or other projects (e.g., school) during the project period (December 2022 to June 2023). If so, what and what sort of time commitment do they require?
Please note that excellent (professional) level language skills (written and spoken) in Finnish and strong skills English are required for this position.
- Do you speak and write Finnish at a professional level?
- Do you speak and write English at a strong level? At what level?
- Do you speak any other languages? If so, which and at what level?
- Where do you live?
- Are you able to work remotely from home, or from another location of your choice?
- Are you able to attend meetings and events in Helsinki?
- Would you be interested in a coworking spot in Helsinki as part of this work?
- Do you have any special needs for doing the work for this position?
- Are you able to bill for your services?
- Would you prefer to bill for your services, or receive a part-time, temporary employment contract, or would either work for you?
Culture current is offering between 20-28 euros per hour for this position based on educational background, relevant work experience, and whether or not the project coordinator would bill for services or prefer a salaried position.
- Please state your expectations for hourly compensation for this work based on the above.
Project Plan Guidelines
In a maximum two-page project plan, please present:
A rough action plan with schedule for the project. Include:
- communication with project participants.
- publicity, including press and social media.
- rough budget (does NOT need to be detailed).
- grant reporting.
- strategies for further development (securing additional funding, etc.)
- anything else you feel is vital for the project’s success.