Thank you to all who participated in our fruitful premiere event of Artists Talking last Saturday! It was a pleasant evening of engaging conversations - while the microphones were on as well as when they were off.
Our exemplary guest artist was Jenni-Elina von Bagh. Together, she and I spoke about questions like:
- What do we find difficult about art – making it and receiving it? What does making and receiving art give us?
- How to “materialize” the conceptual and philosophical through performance?
- Humor in art, especially contemporary dance.
- (Inter)acting with the Inner Partner’s influence on our art and artistic personality.
- The impact of being formed by a Finnish education as well as international experiences.
- The relationship between contemporary dance and various sorts of audiences. Who does — and can — contemporary dance resonate with?
If you're curious about our responses to these questions, please check out the podcast of the event. It will be out in the next few weeks!
Meanwhile, we are eagerly looking forward to our next event, which will be on Saturday the 1st of April 2023. So follow and share us our social media channels and subscribe to our newsletter for info on our next guests!
- Alexander Komlosi, Artistic Director & Host