Part-time, temporary position
Application deadline: September 19th, 23.59, Helsinki time.
The project manager will work with the artistic director, other working group members, and, as necessary, with Culture Current’s Board of Directors to develop and to organize two cultural projects (see below for brief description). The project manager will be an active partner in co-developing the projects. Long-term collaboration on future Culture Current projects is also possible after this position.
Project 1: Openings This will be a process-oriented theatre and performance workshop, an experimental journey of diverse cultures, languages, and artistic backgrounds. The workshop is for performers living in Finland, particularly welcoming and encouraging the participation of international (foreign-background) artists. It is offered at no-cost to participants. Our goals are to share and to develop improvisational performance practices based on working methods common to the core working-group. These are based in contemporary variations of (Inter)acting with the Inner Partner that have been developed in Finland. Further, we aim to enable intercultural dialogue and artistic collaboration among various linguistic and cultural communities in Finland, and to promote the inclusion and participation of cultural minorities in Finnish life and culture. Core working group: Ida Backer, Alexander Komlosi (artistic director), Cecilia Paul, Hanna Raiskinmäki, Jenni-Elina von Bagh
Project 2: Artists Talking This will be a series of thoughtful hour-long public conversations in English with contemporary artists working in Finland. Talks will be at Yö Gallery in downtown Helsinki. They will be recorded and presented as a podcast series of the same name to reach a wide audience in Finland and internationally. The language of the program is English. The project will open up each artist's methods and life, and explore their creative personality. The artists interviewed in English will be a diverse group of Finnish-, Swedish-speaking, and international artists from various artistic fields working professionally in Finland. After each talk, audience members and the artists will explore themes more deeply during an informal reception.
Funding for these projects has already been received from Arts Council Finland (Taike), Finnish Cultural Foundation (Uudenmaan kulttuurirahasto), Helsinki City, and The Swedish Cultural Foundation in Finland (Svenska kulturfonden).
More about Culture Current
To learn more about our activities and our values, please click here.
Part-time, flexible hours based on the projects’ final schedules. Some tasks can be completed remotely.
Start date: October 2021
End date: Winter 2022
Key tasks include
- Project organization, planning, and communication.
- Publicity and marketing.
- Co-writing grant applications and reports.
Skills and experience required for this position
- Previous management and organizational work of cultural projects or events in Finland.
- Previous work on intercultural and international projects.
- Publicity and marketing, as well as an established network in this field.
- Spoken and written professional proficiency in Swedish and English. Strong Finnish skills a plus.
- Previous experience with funding applications and grant reports a plus.
Negotiable based on current salaries for comparable employment in the non-for-profit sector. Culture Current prefers that the candidate have the possibility to bill for their work.
1) A one-page cover (max 3,000 characters with spaces) letter in English. Please include:
- Your experience, skills, and strengths and how they are applicable to this position.
- How you have cooperated on the development of culture and art.
- The values you believe are vital for a healthy working environment and creative communication among co-workers.
- If you can bill for your work or if you prefer salaried employment.
2) CV, preferably in English, but Finnish and/or Swedish is also acceptable. Please make sure your language skills are listed on your CV.
Application must be received at the email address below by September 19, 2021, 23:59 (Helsinki time).
Please send your application by email as a PDF document to Alexander Komlosi, alexander[at]culturecurrent.org
Applicants selected for an interview will be informed by September 24, 2021.
Interviews will take place late September/early October.
The candidate will be chosen by October 15, 2021.
Contact and more information
Kulttuuriyhdistys Culture Current ry
Tuukkalantie 15 D 94
00940 Helsinki, Finland
Business ID: 264080-7